Skip to content

Red Hook

26 October, 2012
half moon, red hook, brooklyn, new york, ny,

Half Moon over Red Hook Grain Terminal

Yes, I’m aware I’ve been a little blog-negligent of late. I’m trying to be more judicious about what I post, when, and why. The content shouldn’t suffer from forcing to a photo or article out. I have to say though that I’ve also been trying to get as much time with my son, who’s almost one (!!) as I can. It’s harder than it was before what with my commute. That makes my weekend priority to spend precious time with my family. I appreciate your patience and hope it’s been worth the wait. This was made with the Yashica 635 and 120 Tri-X400 film on a photowalk with a neighbor and some now mutual friends. While I have been craving getting out of the city to the countryside lately, an unsatiated craving, it was just the tonic I needed on that particular day to get out for a walk with little pressure. Thanks for the invite Dan, Alex and Christina.

About these ads
8 Comments
  1. 26 October, 2012 8:07 AM

Oh I so empathise with lack of blog posts – it seems harder and harder to find the time OR enthusiasm to write a blog when Facebook is just so much faster to engage with people, especially when a blog post goes out which has taken hours to prepare and then no one bothers to comment, it seems all rather vague

Nevertheless, just like I noticed this post, and liked it, maybe I should do mine again anyway – well reminded Ed – the busy Dad :-)

• Ed permalink*
      26 October, 2012 9:21 AM

Glyn, thanks for popping along. You know, I have to say I find I get more response directly on the blog than I do on Facebook or Twitter – and neither really lead any traffic here until my wife reposts or re-tweets (apparently she my marketer ;-)

So, whatever works for you. Whatever way to tell the story reaches the people you want to reach. I personally prefer leading people away form a locked ecosystem like Facebook (who can delete your content on their “whims”) to something I “own” out on the relative freedom of the internet – my blog.

At any rate, glad you liked it. Sometimes, many times, I wish I could step out, get into a car or van like you, and head to the hills. But this did the trick on the day.

Good luck with the exhibition in Harlech, hope it goes well.

2. 26 October, 2012 10:37 AM

Why I like coming here rather than Facebook is that this is your ‘home’ page. And that word ‘home’ is important. Its your space, created by you. Facebook is like standing in the middle of Times Square at rush hour and saying “Hey folks listen, I’ve got something to say, something to show you….”. They just keeps on rushin’ by. Just wont work!

This however is like stepping into your living room and seeing your slippers kicked under the couch and the paper tab from a roll of 120 caught carelessly in a corner. Its comfortable.

Oh yes and I like the picture too! Converging verticals, crane included, all dragging your eyes skywards, to find a tiny moon. Can it get any better?

• Ed permalink*
      26 October, 2012 4:50 PM

John, as ever I appreciate your comment. How did you know my slippers were under there…? Anyway, with any luck, or rather gumption on my part, there’ll be a few changes soon to this home for my work. An extension or two, or maybe even a whole new place. I just need planning permission.

3. 26 October, 2012 11:05 AM

Just a word from your “marketer”…I love the bleakness of this stark building, with very hard edges and lines–very masculine–which leads your eyes skyward to a feminine moon. It suggests infinity, and I love it.

• Ed permalink*
      26 October, 2012 4:51 PM

Thanks so much my love, what a poetic way to put it! Unsurprising given it is you.

4. Alex permalink
    28 October, 2012 6:50 PM

It was great to meet you in person. I’m happy you enjoyed the photowalk, and glad to see such a great result!

5. 9 June, 2013 2:06 AM

Beautiful shots!

Comments are closed.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 497 other followers